St John’s Hospice recently invited Healthwatch to come for an ‘Enter and View’ visit in order to tour our Hospice, meet our staff and let us know if there is anything we can do better in providing care, compassion and support to our patients and families.
Healthwatch are an independent organisation set up to champion the views of patients and social care users in Lancashire, with the goal of making services better and improving health and wellbeing.
You can read their final report on their website:
The St John’s Hospice team are delighted with the outcome of the report. This glowing report is a result of the hard work of all our staff. Well done to them all!
Please feel free to read the whole report. Here are few highlights:
- Interactions between staff and patients were observed to be caring and professional at all times during the visit.
- All staff members spoke highly of their team and that they felt comfortable speaking to anyone within the team
- Feedback from relatives was exceptionally positive
- All staff members had a very positive outlook and attitude and were very enthusiastic to the views and opinions of the individual patients.
- No negative feedback was given about St John’s Hospice and no one commented on anything they would like to change about the service.
- Communal areas are clean and tidy and accessible to all. All the areas observed were clean, tidy and fresh smelling
- The patients spoken to said they were very happy with the service they were receiving: “Itis absolutely fantastic, nothing is too much trouble.” “I can’t describe how good it is, it’s absolutely amazing, the experience from reception to checking in. Nothing is too much trouble.”
- A staff member commented “I would definitely recommend this hospice to my relatives and if there is no availability, I know the packages available at home are just as brilliant.