“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We are looking for an individual with 2 years’ experience in an Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy setting to provide a therapy/clinical support role to our Allied Health Professionals. You should have a passion for supporting palliative patients to maintain independence for as long as possible. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with drive and enthusiasm to join a highly respected, local charity delivering specialist palliative care across North Lancashire & South Lakes.
Hours: 21 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term for 6 months
Pay: *£19,653 – £20,261 per annum (pro rata) (dependant on pension scheme)
Pension Scheme 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing Date: Wednesday 3rd April 2019
- Work collaboratively with all disciplines as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) to ensure a high standard of therapeutic and rehabilitative care for Day Therapy and In-Patient Unit patients and their relatives/carers. This will involve work in the hospice and in patient’s homes in line with the hospice Lone Working Policy.
- Be responsible for managing a designated caseload on a day to day basis including prioritisation of tasks.
- Be responsible for assessment, treatment, intervention and discharge planning of patients assigned by the Physiotherapist or OT at the hospice. This will involve the assessment and prescription of equipment and minor adaptations and assisting in the implementation and evaluation of therapeutic activities for individual and groups of patients.
- Undertake other clinical support roles for hospice patients as directed by the Physiotherapist / OT.
- Represent the OT and Physiotherapy/Day Therapy departments at MDT meetings as required.
- Participate in the education of students placed within the Team.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- High nurse to patient ratio
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.