St John’s Hospice is looking for a Receptionist – alternate Saturday 5-9pm or alternate Saturday 1-5pm
What activities will I be involved in?
- Answering the telephone & taking messages
- Welcoming visitors to the hospice
- Offering tea and coffee to visitors
- Receiving payment for shop purchases
- Full training will be provided
What skills and abilities will I need?
- Confidence and ability to work alone
- Pleasant and friendly manner
- Experience of reception work would be helpful, though not essential
- Empathy with the values and ethos of St John’s Hospice
What time/day would I need to volunteer?
alternate Saturday 5-9pm or alternate Saturday 1-5pm
Where will I be based?
The main reception desk of St John’s Hospice on Slyne Road
What benefits are there for me?
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting patients and their visitors
- Developing your own skills of reception and customer service skills
- Working in a pleasant and worthwhile environment