We are looking for a Volunteer Warehouse Receptionist to assist the Warehouse Manager with the furniture collection and delivery van booking system.
WHAT ACTIVITIES WILL I BE INVOLVED IN?
- To answer the telephone, deal with enquiries and take clear messages when required
- Arrange the collection of furniture donations by van drivers
- Arrange the delivery of sold furniture to customers
- Complete administrative tasks and photocopying as required
- Liaise with other volunteers and staff members
- Receive Warehouse visitors and accept parcels and deliveries
- Actively ask for Gift Aid when accepting donations
- Check FAX machine
- Liaise with shops on their stock and stationery needs
WHAT SKILLS AND ABILITIES WILL I NEED?
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Ability to use initiative
- Legible handwriting
- Good people skills, with the ability to show empathy and compassion
WHAT TIME/DAY WOULD I NEED TO VOLUNTEER?
Help is needed 10am-2pm, Monday to Friday, and we are looking for a number of volunteers to cover these hours.
WHERE WILL I BE BASED?
St John’s Hospice Warehouse, Edenvale Crescent, Lancaster.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE THERE FOR ME?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are helping in a key role, in the hospice warehouse, which is a key fundraiser for the hospice
- Developing or maintaining administrative and telephone skills
- Making new friends and working within a friendly team of staff and volunteers
- Meeting and talking to customers and people who donate to the hospice
HOW DO I APPLY?
Either complete our online application form. Once received our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to arrange a suitable time to meet to discuss the role.