“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We are recruiting a Warehouse Assistant to help sort and co-ordinate stock before distributing to our charity shops.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 5 x 7.5 hour days a week as per rota (including occasional Saturday work)
Pay: £16,575 per annum
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution
Closing Date: 20th January 2020
- Support the Warehouse & Distribution Manager to ensure that donated stock is processed safely, quickly and efficiently to help maximise income generation.
- Co-ordinate and develop external sales events to promote the hospice and to maximise on income generation. Generate income through self-generated new external events
- Supervise volunteers who are helping in the warehouse
- Deliver excellent customer service to all staff, volunteers and visitors to the warehouse.
- To contribute towards maximising warehouse sales and profits, promote Gift Aid and represent St John’s Hospice in a professional manner reflecting our core values at all times
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Maternity & paternity benefits
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £44.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £27.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.