“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We are recruiting a Warehouse and Distribution Manager responsible for managing a team of Drivers, a Warehouse Assistant, and volunteers within a fast-moving environment. We are looking for someone who is well organised, motivated with a desire to succeed.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: 5 x 7.5 hour days a week as per rota (including occasional Saturday work)
Pay: £23,495 per annum
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution
Closing Date: 20th January 2020
- Responsible for the ‘flow’ of donated stock into and out of the warehouse ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time to maximise income generation
- Optimise the running of the retail logistics operation, maximising on efficient deliveries ensuring smooth transition of stock from the warehouse to the retail network.
- Recruit, lead and manage a team of volunteers ensuring they are trained and motivated to deliver warehouse and delivery objectives
- Ensure an excellent standard of customer service which meets the expectations of donors and customers.
- Ensure by the collection of data that trends can be analysed to inform current and future operational activity
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Maternity & paternity benefits
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £44.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £27.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.