St John’s Hospice are looking for an experienced volunteer gardener to help in the kitchen garden.
Purpose of Role
To help to plan and tend the kitchen garden, growing vegetables for use by the hospice kitchen.
What Activities will I be involved in?
- Helping the team to plan the layout and the vegetables to be grown.
- Planting, weeding and tending vegetables.
- Harvesting vegetables for use by the hospice kitchen.
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience of growing vegetables.
- Good communication skills, and able to demonstrate empathy and compassion.
- An interest in the services that St John’s Hospice provides.
What time/days would I need to volunteer?
A willingness to be flexible to meet the needs of the garden requirements, in the region of 3-6 hours per week.
Where will I be based?
In the vegetable garden at the rear of the hospice.
What benefits are there for me?
- To make new friends, and be part of a team.
- To be occupied in a worthwhile activity, which contributes to keeping costs down for the hospice.
- To use and develop new skills.
How do I apply?
Either download an application form or contact Nicky Willan, Volunteer Coordinator on 01524 382538. Alternatively, please complete the form below.