For St John’s Hospice Staff
Here St John’s Hospice staff will find useful links for external education courses, learning resources and funding opportunities. Please feel free to browse through the links. If you have any questions then please contact Liz Wheeler in the Education Team. If you are not a member of staff at St John’s but are reading this page, then you still may find some of the links useful. We offer our own education and development courses so do get in touch if you have any questions.
Links & Resources
External Education and training Providers and Courses
- Lancaster University
- University of Cumbria
- University of Central Lancashire
- Lancaster and Morecambe College
Learning Resources Inc.: E- Palliative and End of Life Care – Link Groups and Information
- Psychological Resilience Skills for Healthcare Staff – Presentation from Cathe Gaskell
- www.endoflifecareforall.com – E-learning for Healthcare NHS England. This has lots of e-learning modules available on the site under the programmes tab. To register as a member of St John’s Hospice staff, please contact Liz Wheeler in the Education department.
- e-ELCA End of Life for All – . Online training. North West Coast Strategic Clinical Network.
- Hospice UK – Look at the ‘What’s on offer’ tab to find information on courses, conferences and funding grants.
- Royal College of Nursing Website – Links to a range of nursing information, scholarships and bursaries as well as professional development opportunities.
- Nursing Standard information
- Nursing and Midwifery Council – Information related to work, code of conduct and professional standards for nursing and midwifery.
Funding Opportunity and Information links
- Florence Nightingale Foundation – This site offers courses and opportunity for Scholarship funding. Please click on Scholarships to find out more.
- Foundation of Nursing Studies – Programmes, learning zones and funding available as well as information on a range of topics.
- North West Clincal Strategic Network Senate – This site also offers a range of information that can be accessed from the Home page. This includes THE LOOP a monthly publication that provides information about research, courses and national information on Palliative and End of Life care regionally and nationally
Continuing HealthCare Training online
It is a comprehensive online learning resource to support all health and social care staff in interpreting and applying the principals of the National Framework for NHS continuing healthcare. For a guide on how to register, please click HERE.
Please folllow the link to access the e-learning for NHS continuing healthcare:- www.e-lfh.org.uk/projects/nhscontinuinghealthcare