St Johns Hospice is looking for a Volunteer Driver’s Assistant
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To accompany the van driver in collecting and delivering furniture and other donations around the local area.
WHAT ACTIVITIES WILL I BE INVOLVED IN?
- Collecting donations from the public
- Delivering furniture purchased from the shops to customers
WHAT SKILLS AND ABILITIES WILL I NEED?
- Lifting of heavy furniture
- Pleasant and friendly manner
- Fit and able to cope with the physical demands of the job
WHAT TIME/DAY WOULD I NEED TO VOLUNTEER?
There are a number of shifts available Monday to Friday, 6 hours per day.
WHERE WILL I BE BASED?
Our Stock Warehouse in North Lancaster. It is situated on Edenvale Crescent in Vale.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE THERE FOR ME?
- Satisfaction of knowing you are supporting the hospice
- Developing customer service skills
- Working in a number of different environments