We are looking for Senior Registered Nurses to join our Hospice Inpatient Unit, with both full and part time hours available. Our amazing nursing team provide a safe, caring and supportive environment for patients and their loved ones. Could you be part of the care we provide?
📍 Location: St John’s Hospice, Lancaster
⏰ Hours: Full time (35 hours) and Part time hours available. These hours would be worked over a 7 day rota.
✅ Role Type: Permanent
💰 Pay: £30,503* – £31,431 per annum. This is based on a 35 hour full time position and is dependent upon pension scheme. Plus £15 night allowance for each night shift worked
💰 Pay: £18,301* – £18,858 per annum. This is based on a 21 hour part time position and is dependent upon pension scheme. Plus £15 night allowance for each night shift worked
💚 Pension: NHS Pension Scheme available subject to availability criteria; or 8% employer funded St John’s Hospice Pension Scheme
📅 Closing Date: Sunday 23rd January 2022
- Understand the philosophy and ethos behind the care provided at St. John’s Hospice encompassing compassion and empathy in nursing practice.
- To ensure that the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of patients using the service remain paramount at all times.
- To maintain professional and ethical standards and set a high standard of holistic patient care.
- To develop specialist skills in all aspects of palliative care and carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision.
- To share in the responsibility within the nursing team for planning, implementing and evaluating total care of the patient and their family.
- To support the Ward Management Team in their role, acting up in rotation with other staff to develop management and teaching skills.
- Cover a 24-hour nursing rota when the need arises and for professional development in the total care of patients requiring palliative care.
For more information, or an informal chat, please call the Ward Management Team, Head of Inpatient Services on 01524 382538. Alternatively please email [email protected]
As this post will be covered by the legislation on making COVID vaccinations a condition of deployment in healthcare effective from 1st April 2022, you will be required to provide evidence of your COVID vaccination status or exemption as part of the recruitment process. If you have any queries regarding this please contact the Hospice on 01524 382538 and ask for HR.
💚27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees.
💚 Life assurance
💚 Health Cash Plan
💚 Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme
💚 Maternity & paternity benefits
💚 Continuing professional development
💚 Cycle to work scheme
💚 Car lease scheme
💚 Free on-site parking
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £44.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £27.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.