“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We are looking to recruit a Senior Registered Nurse for our community Hospice at Home team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with community experience in specialist palliative care to join a highly respected, local charity serving the communities of North Lancashire, South Lakes and North Yorkshire.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Pay: *£30,931 – £31,887 per annum (dependant on pension scheme)
Shift Types: 7am – 5pm, 8am – 6pm and 12pm – 10pm, Monday to Sunday. Service covers 365 days a year 7 days a week on a rota system.
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing Date: 4th January 2019
We are looking for a nurse who is compassionate and driven to make a difference to patients at a difficult time in people’s lives. The ideal candidate will have community experience providing skilled nursing care for patients with palliative and end of life care needs.
Hospice at Home serves the whole of North Lancashire and South Lakeland, Cumbria including parts of North Yorkshire and visits may be anywhere within this catchment area. It is essential you hold a full UK driving licence
- To provide skilled nursing care for patients with palliative and end of life care needs and their family in a community setting.
- To raise clinical standards and promote a learning environment for other health care providers. Be responsible for planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Works effectively with community professionals, support services and members of the primary health care and palliative care teams.
- To support and direct Registered Nurses, Assistant Practitioners and Healthcare Assistants in implementing individualised plans of care.
- To lead and coordinate shifts managing the team of Registered Nurses, Assistant Practitioners, Healthcare Assistants and volunteers, ensuring future shifts are adequately covered with staff according to the changing needs of the service.
- Support and contribute to an environment of continuous quality improvement.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- High nurse to patient ratio
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.