This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a highly respected, local charity serving the communities of North Lancashire, South Lakes and North Yorkshire. We are looking for a qualified nurse to join our experienced Hospice at Home team, who is compassionate and driven to make a difference to patients at a difficult time in people’s lives. The ideal candidate will have community experience providing skilled nursing care for patients with palliative and end of life care needs. Is this you?
Hospice at Home serves the whole of North Lancashire, South Lakeland, Cumbria and includes parts of North Yorkshire, and visits may be anywhere in this catchment area. It is essential you hold a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle during working hours.
Location: St John’s Hospice, Lancaster
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (worked over a 7 day rota)
Role Type: Permanent
Pay: £32,680* – £33,675 per annum pro rata (dependent upon pension scheme)
Pension: *NHS Pension Scheme available subject to availability criteria; or 8% employer funded St John’s Hospice Pension Scheme
Closing Date: Sunday 14th November 2021
- To provide skilled nursing care for patients with palliative and end of life care needs and their families, in a community setting.
- To raise clinical standards and promote a learning environment for other health care providers. Be responsible for planning, assessing, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- Works effectively with community professionals, support services and members of the primary health care and palliative care teams.
- To support and direct Registered Nurses, Assistant Practitioners and Healthcare Assistants in implementing individualised plans of care.
- To lead and coordinate shifts managing the team of Registered Nurses, Assistant Practitioners, Healthcare Assistants and volunteers, ensuring future shifts are adequately covered with staff according to the changing needs of the service.
- Support and contribute to an environment of continuous quality improvement.
For more information, or an informal chat, please call Annie Haygarth, Andrea Campbell or Tracey Birrell on 01524 384887. Alternatively please email [email protected]
27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees.
Health Cash Plan
Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme
Maternity & paternity benefits
Continuing professional development
Cycle to work scheme
Car lease scheme
Free on-site parking
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £44.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £27.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.