“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We have both full and part-time hours available on our Inpatient Unit to be filled either by a Senior Registered General Nurse, Registered General Nurse or newly qualified Nurse.
Our unit provides symptom management and end of life care for people living with life-shortening illnesses.
Working as part of our multi-disciplinary team, you will provide skilled nursing care for patients with palliative and end of life care needs, and their family carers. You will build on the experience and skills you already have to further develop your knowledge in symptom management and holistic care.
Hours: Full time and part-time hours available, covering 365 days a year 7 days a week on a rota system.
Pay: *£27,318 – £30,503 per annum (pro-rata based on 35 hours per week)
Shift Types: Early 7am – 2:30pm, late 12:30pm – 8pm, long day 7am – 8pm, night 7:30pm – 7:30am plus night allowance.
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing Date: 20th December 2019
Interview Date: 10th January 2020
For more information please come along to our informal open afternoon on Wednesday 11th December between 3:30 – 5:30pm at our Courtyard Café. This will give you a chance to meet some of the team, have a look around our inpatient unit and ask any questions you may have. Any question please contact Lucy O’Connor, Head of Inpatient Services on 01524 382538 or email [email protected].
We are looking for a nurse who is compassionate and driven to make a difference to patients at a difficult time in people’s lives.
- To have an understanding of the philosophy and ethos behind the care provided at St. John’s Hospice encompassing compassion and empathy in nursing practice.
- To assist in developing a safe, caring and supportive environment for patients and relatives.
- To ensure that the physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs of patients using the service remain paramount at all times.
- To maintain professional and ethical standards and set a high standard of holistic patient care.
- To develop specialist skills in all aspects of palliative care and carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision.
- To share in the responsibility within the nursing team for planning, implementing and evaluating total care of the patient and their family.
- Cover a 24-hour nursing rota when the need arises and for professional development in the total care of patients requiring palliative care.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Maternity & Paternity Benefits after qualifying period
- Occupational Sick Pay after qualifying period
- High nurse to patient ratio
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.