“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We are looking for an individual who will lead, develop and manage specialist palliative care physiotherapy service for patients who are accessing services provided by St John’s Hospice.
Hours: 32 per week
Pay: *£29,796 – £30,713 per annum pro rata (dependant on pension scheme)
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing Date: 4th January 2019
- Lead, develop and manage the service with an emphasis on symptom control, rehabilitation and improving or maintaining independence and quality of life.
- Manage specialised physiotherapy assessment, develop management and treatment plans, and deliver safe and effective physiotherapy interventions, in both one to one and group settings.
- Provide specialist expertise and advice to members of the multi-disciplinary team (MDT), hospice staff and volunteers, and to colleagues in external and partner organisations, through both formal and informal teaching and support.
- Be responsible and accountable for providing specialist physiotherapy assessment and treatment to patients with diverse health needs, who may have complex and/or chronic conditions.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- High nurse to patient ratio
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.