“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
St Johns Hospice is situated in Lancaster on the edge of Morecambe Bay, the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Team supports a population of 160,000 across Carnforth, Morecambe, Heysham, Lancaster and Garstang and surrounding villages.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to pursue a career within palliative care and be part of an established Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) Team in an ‘outstanding’ organisation. The successful candidate will have experience in Community and Palliative Care and demonstrate relevant continuous post registration experience and an interest in Specialist Palliative care. Applicants who do not meet all the essential criteria may be considered for a developmental post.
Location: St John’s Hospice, Slyne Road, Lancaster
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Pay: *£37,460 – £38,610 per annum depending upon pension scheme. The annual salary shown is based on working 37.5 hours per week.
Pension: 8% employer funded (some applications may be eligible to re-join a previous NHS pension)
Closing Date: 1st September 2019
Interview Date: 18th September 2019
- Holistically assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of evidence-based highly specialist advanced palliative care.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support to patients, carers/relatives, clinical practitioners and peers.
- Provide excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Participate in the delivery of specialist education and training.
- Work collaboratively and co-operatively with clinical colleagues to develop services and quality of care delivery.
- Provide specialist leadership, knowledge, support, and guidance to colleagues, patients and carers/relatives.
- Undertake research and audit.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full-time workers
- Life assurance
- High nurse to patient ratio
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Free parking
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.