“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
Are you an experienced communications officer who wants to work in an organisation where your work will make a positive difference to thousands of people in your community?
Location: St John’s Hospice, Slyne Road, Lancaster
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Pay: £21,996 – £22,678* per annum (*depending upon pension scheme). Annual salary shown is based on working 37.5 hours per week.
Pension scheme: 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing date: 7th April 2019
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced communications officer to assist with the implementation of an exciting new marketing and communications strategy.
Working with colleagues across different departments you will use excellent marketing and communications skills to support St John’s Hospice in its work to care for patients with palliative and end of life care needs, and their family carers. You will build on the experience and skills you already have to ensure our reputation of bringing people love, care and support is further strengthened.
- To have an understanding of the philosophy and ethos behind the care provided at St. John’s Hospice.
- To support the development and growth of our internal and external marketing and communications throughout St John’s Hospice.
- To support the different departments to ensure our marketing and communications are up to date and informative of the variety of services provided by St. John’s Hospice to patients, families and the community.
- To use high quality engagement, communications and marketing to support the work of the Hospice so that it can continue to deliver outstanding care and support.
- Managing your work against agreed objectives and work with an innovative and positive ethos.
- Responsibilities will include: designing and producing marketing and communications materials; implementing a digital communications plan, which includes the Hospice website, social media and email marketing; promoting and championing the Hospice brand; copywriting; photography; engaging and communicating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders; ensuring digital marketing content aligns with our brand identity and message and implementing marketing and communication campaigns as necessary
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.