- The St John’s Hospice Lottery is registered with the Gambling Commission – www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk
Lottery promoter C Butterworth. Registered charity no: 1157030.
Licensee name – St John’s Hospice North Lancashire and South Lakes
Account number – 40169
Unique link for account – https://registers.gamblingcommision.gov.uk/40169
- You must be aged 16 and over and resident in the UK to join the lottery. Under age gambling is an offence. We are committed to protecting our young people and preventing under age play.
- The number of entries one person can make is restricted to 10. St John’s Hospice Lottery supports Gamble Aware. Visit www.begambleaware.org for more information.
- All subscriptions received at £1 per week per entry, payable in advance, will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique 5 digit number per entry that you received on joining. Participants cannot select their own numbers. The number allocated will remain the same for each draw.
- The lottery draw will take place each Friday and the winning numbers will be randomly selected. In the case that the Friday draw is due to land on a Bank Holiday, the draw will take place the day before on the Thursday.
- The result of each draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified by post and a cheque issued within 5 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered owner of the winning number.
- A list of winners is available on our website at www.sjhospice.org.uk/lottery-winners every week.
- Weekly Prizes:
- 1st Prize – £500
- *2nd Prize (Rollover Prize) – £100
- 3rd Prize – £50
- 4th Prize – 5 x £10
*If an unallocated number is drawn against our second prize, it will roll over to the following week, thus increasing the prize by £100 each time. If not won, the rollover jackpot can grow up to a maximum of £5,000 when it then becomes a guaranteed prize. Once the rollover is greater than £500, it will be referred to as 1st prize and the original 1st prize of £500 will be called the 2nd prize.
- In 2019/20 the Hospice spent £120,413 on expenses including weekly winnings, staffing costs, administration and advertisements.
- In the last financial year 2019/20, after expenses, the hospice lottery returned 66.54% of its income as profit back to the hospice.
- On average in 2019/20 6920 players were entered into our weekly draw. The likelihood of winning a prize each week was 0.10%.
- Cancellation of membership is the player’s responsibility and any monies paid in advance are not refundable. Please advise us in writing if you wish to cancel your membership.
- We promise to comply with all data protection requirements and protect our members’ personal data. Please note that St John’s Hospice Lottery will not accept liability for the loss, theft or delay in any communication sent by post, email or for any delays in the banking system.
- We reserve the right to refuse an application, or to cancel an existing subscription at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Head of Income Generation within 7 days. The decision of the Head of Income Generation will be final.
- Under the Gambling Act 2005 St John’s Hospice Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that all players are aged 16 or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in any form of gambling, including lotteries and scratch cards. St John’s Hospice Lottery may on occasion carry out checks to verify this requirement. If any player is subsequently found to be under 16 years of age, any subscriptions already paid will be returned and every effort made to retrieve any winnings.
- All customer funds intended for the use in future gambling and or lottery subscriptions are kept in accounts separate from business accounts but they would form part of the assets of the business in the event of insolvency.
- Once a player has cancelled their membership, their remaining credit will allow them to play until their subscription is less than the weekly membership fee. Any income less than the weekly membership fee will be donated back to the hospice unless the members requests a refund in writing enclosing a SAE within 14 days of their cancellation.
- When a St John’s Hospice Lottery player is deceased their membership is automatically cancelled once the lottery office is notified. The next of kin or executor will then have the option to request;- transfer the lottery number into a new name- cancel and refund any remaining credit- cancel and donate any remaining credit to the hospice
- Any remaining credit in a deceased or cancelled lottery players account that is not claimed within 90 days will automatically be credited to St John’s Hospice.
- Any winning cheques than are not cashed after 6 months from the date of issue, will be deemed cancelled and the money donated back to St John’s Hospice. Any remaining credit in a deceased or cancelled lottery players account that is not claimed within 90 days will automatically be credited to St John’s Hospice.
- The licensee operates a strict no ‘cash policy’ to prevent the risk of crimes such as money laundering, to avoid the giving of illicit credit and to provide assurances that gambling activities are being conducted fair.
- If it is believed that a member is problem gambling not only can we restrict their access to our draws we can give them information on organisations which can help. Such organisations include Gamble Aware (formally known as Responsible Gambling Trust) www.begambleaware.org or GAMCARE whose website is www.gamcare.org.uk. St John’s Hospice Lottery is also a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association. To facilitate this, the Hospice Lotteries Association financially supports the work of Gamble Aware (formally known as Responsible Gambling Trust) – the organisation which provides this support. The annual donation of £500 made to the Gamble Aware by the Hospice Lotteries Association satisfies its members’ requirements under LCCP 3.1.1 (Combating problem gambling).
- Any complaint relating to the operation of the lottery should follow our Complaints procedure.
St John’s Hospice, Slyne Road, Lancaster LA2 6ST | Reg. Charity No 1157030 | Tel 01524 382538 |