“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
Are you creative, ambitious and have a passion and drive for success? Do you want to lead and grow our hospice lottery? We have a new and exciting opportunity to be the Lottery Manager at St John’s, where you will grow and develop our lottery into a sustainable income stream to allow us to continue to provide care to our community.
Location: St John’s Hospice, Slyne Road, Lancaster
Hours: 28 hours per week
Work Pattern: 4 days per week including a Friday
Pay: £24,258 – £25,000* per annum pro rata (*depending upon pension scheme). Annual salary shown is based on working 37.5 hours per week.
Pension scheme: 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing date: 23rd June 2019
Interview date: Week commencing 1st July 2019
- Develop, grow and manage the Hospice’s lottery operation maximising potential whilst delivering exceptional customer service to lottery members and the community.
- Manage the relationship with the external providers of Lottery sales staff ensuring they receive the knowledge and motivation to promote growth and achieve monthly and annual targets.
- The Lottery Manager is a member of the Hospice Fundraising Team with responsibility for managing the St John’s Hospice lottery.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.