We are looking for a volunteer Kitchen Assistant to support the catering team with preparing lunchtime meals at weekends.
WHAT ACTIVITIES WILL I BE INVOLVED IN?
- Preparing vegetables
- Sandwich and salad preparation as directed by the cook
- Assisting staff and volunteers in general cleaning and tidying of the kitchen
WHAT SKILLS AND ABILITIES WILL I NEED?
- A Basic Food Hygiene certificate is required. If you don’t have one, the hospice can arrange it for you, free of charge
- Willingness and ability to adhere to strict health and hygiene rules
- A cheerful manner, able to communicate will a wide variety of people
- Discreet and sensitive to the needs of the hospice
WHAT TIME/DAY WOULD I NEED TO VOLUNTEER?
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday or weekends, 10am – 2pm.
WHERE WILL I BE BASED?
In the kitchen at St John’s Hospice on Slyne Road, Lancaster
WHAT BENEFITS ARE THERE FOR ME?
- Getting to know people
- Developing new skills and experiences
- Satisfaction of giving time to a local charity
- Gain experience in a busy, commercial kitchen
HOW DO I APPLY?
Either complete our online application form. Once received our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to arrange a suitable time to meet to discuss the role.