“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
St. John’s Hospice is looking to recruit two Housekeeping Assistants.
Hours: 2 positions available in total. Position one is 27 hours per week over a 2 week rolling rota. (Week 1: 5 x 6 hour shifts; Week 2: 4 x 6 hour shifts) The second vacancy is 24 hours per week (4 x 6 hour days).
Rota: 7 day rota including bank holidays.
Pay: £16,068 – £16,575 per annum (pro rata) based on 37.5 hours a week (*depending upon pension scheme)
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution (*NHS Pension Scheme available subject to eligibility)
Closing Date: 20th December 2019
Interview Date: 7th January 2020
To ensure that all “hotel” services such as inpatient and day hospice rooms, bathrooms, toilets and all the related facilities for patient, families and visitors are clean, tidy and in good order. In addition, to ensure that all other hospice facilities are kept clean and to our high standard to meet CQC and infection control standards.
Some of your duties will be:-
- Cleaning of wards, bathrooms, toilets, offices, corridors, day rooms, meeting rooms and all ancillary rooms to meet infection prevention and control standards.
- Other cleaning schedules to be met as required, such as the Chapel and garden rooms, also periodical cleaning such as carpet shampooing, upholstery, hoists, internal windows, steam cleaning, tiles and high dusting.
- Floor care such as scrubbing and mopping floors as required.
- Deep clean rooms and bathrooms and soft furnishings as required for the purposes of infection control, according to patient need.
- Work in our fully equipped laundry to ensure all linen used by hospice patients is fit for purpose and stocks of clean linen meet requirements.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- High nurse to patient ratio
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £48.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £30.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.