Great North Run Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- If you are lucky enough to secure one of our charity places, you agree to raise a minimum amount of £300 in sponsorship money and that this money will be given to St John’s Hospice.
- Again if you are one of the ones lucky enough to secure one of our charity places, you agree to pay a registration fee of £40 to secure your place in the GNR and accept that this fee is non-refundable.
- All sponsorship money must be paid in full to St John’s by 31st October 2020 (no expenses can be offset against this)
- You acknowledge that training for and participating in the GNR is involves strenuous physical activity and risk of personal injury. You confirm that, to the best of your knowledge, you are suitably fit and healthy to take part in the event. You will be taking part in and completing the event at your own risk.
- For the charity places, a token will be issued to you from St John’s Hospice by email and it is your responsibility to redeem this via the GNR event entry system, therefore only this action will fully secure your place. Although the GNR has a deadline date in July 2020 we ask that you complete this registration by 4th May 2020 otherwise your place may be re-allocated to someone on our waiting list.
- By giving your contact details you accept that St John’s Hospice will contact you about THIS event by email, post & phone. (mainly email to help reduce costs)
- If for any reason you cannot take part you must contact the hospice as soon as possible as your place is non-transferrable.
- You understand that photographs may be taken of you and others and may be used to publicise future events and the work of St John’s Hospice.
- Due to the high cost to St John’s in purchasing places for the Great North Run, the charity must ensure that all fees are covered. If you drop out after the final registration date, 2nd July 2020, you will be liable for £125 to cover the costs already incurred by St John’s hospice, unless you defer until 2021 and meet the original fundraising target (please note that any person who defers will be asked by GNR to pay them an additional registration fee for 2021).
While fundraising on our behalf we can provide SJH sponsorship forms, an online donation page and running vest/tee shirt.