“We get to treat our patients as individuals rather than a number in a bed. Wouldn’t you love a job where you can make a real difference every day?”
We are recruiting a Floating Assistant Shop Manager who will work across our network of shops to provide cover in the absence of the Shop Manager ensuring the smooth running of the shop and a high level of customer satisfaction.
The post-holder will contribute towards maximising store sales and profits, promote Gift Aid and represent St John’s Hospice in a professional manner reflecting our core values at all times.
Hours: 14 or 21 hours per week (2 or 3 days over a 7-day rota)
Work Pattern: 9.15 – 4.45pm, variable over 7 days
Pay: £17,490 per annum (pro rata). Annual salary shown is based on working 37.5 hours per week.
Pension Scheme: 8% employer contribution
Closing Date: 11th May 2021
Some Duties Are:
- Achieve profit targets by maximising sales and minimising costs.
- Maintain a high standard of presentation, both in the windows and the interior of the shop.
- Price stock at a consistent level in accordance with our price guides.
- Keep stock areas organised, uncluttered and promote safe working practices. Return stock to the warehouse or other shops as our procedures.
- Ensure that tasks are properly delegated to staff in accordance with their training and abilities.
- Bank daily takings in accordance with St John’s Hospice Shops procedures.
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Maternity & paternity benefits
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £44.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £27.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.