We are looking for an individual with a range of practical maintenance skills and abilities to fulfil the post of Facilities Coordinator. St John’s Hospice is a highly respected, local charity delivering specialist end of life care across North Lancashire & South Lakes. The Facilities Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring the Hospice is a safe and welcoming environment for patients, visitors, staff and volunteers.
Hours: 37.5 per week (some out of hours work on occasions)
Salary: £20,085 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 25th January 2021
Interviews: 4th February 2021
Using a range of own practical skills, and the services of external contractors, assist in ensuring the smooth uninterrupted running of all Hospice facilities in accordance with all legislative requirements.
Some of your duties will be:
- Carry out basic minor routine repairs and maintenance
- Painting and decorating
- Liaise with external contractors to arrange service, maintenance and repair visits
- Assist with installation and operation of IT equipment
- Carry out fleet vehicle maintenance checks
- Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained in accordance with legislative requirements
- Collect and maintain effective and accurate records for compliance purposes.
Informal enquiries about this post should be made to Paul Colley, Head of Facilities on 01524 382538 or email [email protected]
Please view our Job Description and Person Specification before applying.
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays for full time employees. Pro rata for part time
- Life assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Free parking
- Minimum 8% employer contributions to a pension scheme (see below for further details)
- Beautiful working environment
- Reflective Practice Supervision Groups
- Continuing professional development
Please click here to see more benefits available to our employees.
*NHS pension can be continued if you have contributed within the last 12 months. If you are not eligible to join the NHS pension scheme St John’s Hospice provide an 8% group scheme pension.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please complete our online Application for Employment below.
All correspondence relating to this vacancy including interview invites will be sent by EMAIL only. Please ensure that you check your emails on a regular basis.
Adverts that display a closing date should be treated as a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications. Please submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Oder) 1975 (as amended in 2013). It will be necessary for a submission for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check (formerly known as a CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please complete your Application For Employment accurately ensuring you include all criminal convictions including those that would otherwise be considered ‘spent’. A fee of £44.80 is applicable for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or £27.80 for a Standard Disclosure and Barring Service check which will be carried out as part of our pre-employment check process, if applicable.