Our maintenance volunteer team are always busy working around the Hospice, from simple DIY tasks to helping with deliveries, from moving office furniture to running errands in the car, they are always on hand to make sure the Hospice building is well cared for. We’re looking for maintenance volunteers to join the team – could you help?
WHAT ACTIVITIES WILL I BE INVOLVED IN?
- Report to Facilities Coordinator to receive job list for the day.
- Carry out designated tasks (advise Facilities staff if you are uncomfortable with an allocated task).
- Work with your team mates to move items around the Hospice as required during office moves or when taking deliveries to the ordering department.
- Following procedures laid out, collect drugs from the RLI when required.
- Deliver blood samples to RLI when required.
- Visually check all Hospice vehicles periodically following checklists and on occasion deliver to mechanics for repairs or testing.
- Carry out basic repairs not requiring contractors around the Hospice (advise Facilities staff if you are uncomfortable with an allocated task).
- Assist with setting up of fundraising events held at the Hospice (advise Facilities staff if you are uncomfortable with an allocated task).
- Complete all essential training sessions appropriate to your role, as required
- Ensure all Health & Safety rules are adhered to
- Arrive for your role at agreed time
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all staff and volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality at all times, which includes, patients, relatives, staff and volunteers
USEFUL SKILLS OR INTERESTS
- Driving Licence
- An interest or experience in DIY
- Physically fit
- Ability to carry out manual handling tasks (training will be given)
- Happy positive attitude
WHAT TIME/DAY WOULD I NEED TO VOLUNTEER?
Any weekday, with any hours between 8am and 5pm
WHERE WILL I BE BASED?
St John’s Hospice on Slyne Road, Lancaster
WHAT BENEFITS ARE THERE FOR ME?
- Getting to know people
- Developing new skills and experiences
- Using your DIY / Maintenance skills for a good cause
- Satisfaction of giving time to a local charity
HOW DO I APPLY?
Either complete our online application form below or contact Anne Olde (Volunteer Coordinator) or David Reid (Facilities Coordinator) on 01524 382538.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.