The COPD programme is designed to help improve the quality of life of patients living with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). The programme aims to give patients a greater insight into their condition and to develop techniques to help them cope with the challenges associated with this condition. Increasing awareness and understanding of the services and support available is a key aim. Support within the group is vital, sharing ways to manage and resources that have helped others in similar situations.
How do you get referred?
Patients can be referred by their consultant, GP, respiratory specialist nurse and the long term condition teams.
The programme consists of:-
• Consultation with specialist medical staff
• Oxygen therapy and inhaler texhnique question & answer session
• Breathlessness management
• Fatigue management – incoporating exercise, lifestyle and relaxation
• Anxiety management
• Advanced Care Planning and advice
• Question & answer session with Respiratory Team members
During the programme there will also be a market place
session where patients will have the opportunity to speak to
lots of different agencies who can help, all under one roof.
Healthcare professionals can refer their patients to St John’s Hospice Day Therapy Services by completing our REFERRAL FORM.