Take on the 2.6 Challenge today!
Please join The 2.6 Challenge and support St John’s Hospice! It’s been created to help save the UK’s charities. 2.6 miles. 2.6 km. 26 press-ups. 26 times up and down the stairs. 26 pancake flips. Anything with a 2 and a 6.
The cancellation of thousands of fundraising events has left a huge hole in charity income and we are no different. So during this time we’d really appreciate your help to help keep our nurses caring.
London Marathon Events has teamed up with other UK event organisers to create The 2.6 Challenge, beginning on Sunday 26 April – what should have been the date of the 40th London Marathon, the world’s biggest one-day annual fundraising event.
We’re asking you to dream up an activity based around the numbers 2.6 or 26 and fundraise or donate £26 to St John’s Hospice. The ideas and options are endless! You can do anything you like as long as it follows the Government’s guidance on exercise and social distancing.
The London Marathon is the biggest single fundraising event and with it being postponed the team are hoping to help all charities to raise money during this time.
A marathon is 26.2 miles – hence the 2.6 challenge!
All you need to do:
- Dream up your 2.6 challenge – if you need help there are lots of ideas on the 2.6 challenge website.
- Click on this link to visit Just Giving: 2.6 Challenge for St John’s Hospice and choose to make a one-off donation of £26 or set up a fundraising page.
- Ask all your friends and family to sponsor you and encourage them to do their own 2.6 challenge
- Complete your 2.6 challenge!
- Share a photo or video of your challenge on social media with #TwoPointSixChallenge and make sure to tag St John’s Hospice!
We look forward to seeing what ideas you come up with and remember every completed challenge will be helping to keep the St John’s Hospice nurses caring!
Thank you and Good Luck!